Federal Guidelines That Apply To Common Real-Estate Loans

Federal guidelines apply to most consumer loans — like mortgages — that are secured by property. Refinancing, vacant-land loans, construction-only loans, closed-end home-equity loans, and of course home mortgages are covered by these guidelines.

Reverse mortgages and mobile-home mortgages are regulated separately, and the Federal TRID guidelines and disclosures do not apply in the same way.

Guidelines are designed to apply to lenders who make such loans in the ordinary course of business; they do not apply to people or businesses that make 5 (or less than 5) qualifying loans in a given year.

You might also like