Federal Guidelines For Less-Common Real-Estate Loans

Regulations and disclosures for home mortgages and most other real-estate related loans do not apply to reverse mortgages, home-equity line of credit loans (HELOCs), or mobile home loans.

Disclosures for these loan types require lenders to continue use of the Good Faith Estimate, Truth-In-Lending Disclosure and the HUD-1 form.

In addition, the Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure forms used for home mortgages are not required for housing assistance loans. These have separate regulations and forms; ask your lender for regulations, declarations and explanatory material.

You might also like