Closing and loan consummation costs are not 100% identical in different states, but you can expect most of the following:
- Fees for Loan Origination — processing and administration of the loan
- Fees For Recording — official records of ownership.
- Fees for Survey(s)
- The first Mortgage Insurance premium, if your loan requires it.
- To-date Property Taxes
- Title Insurance fees — yours and the lender’s. (See Title Insurance Made Simple on this site.)
- Points (prepaid interest)
- Escrow fees and/or attorney fees
- Document preparation fees
- First payment to the escrow account for future taxes & insurance
If you have not already paid homeowner’s insurance, that will come up. Likewise, if flood insurance or fire insurance are required, you’ll need a receipt or payment arrangements.
Read things carefully before signing or paying, and keep copies.